|The Gospel According To Thomas
|36) Jesus said, "Do not be concerned from morning until evening and from evening until morning about what you will put upon yourselves."
37) His disciples said, "When will you be revealed to us and when will we see you?" Jesus said, "When you strip yourselves naked without being ashamed, and take your garments and place them under your feet, like little children, and trample them, then will you look upon the son of the living One, and you will have no fear."
38) Jesus said, "Many times have you desired to hear these words which I speak to you, and you have no other to hear them from. There will be days when you seek after me and you will not find me."
39) Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scribes took the keys of Gnosis and hid them. They did not enter, nor did they permit those to enter who wished to. But you, be cunning as serpents and innocent as doves."
40) Jesus said, "A vine has been planted outside of the Father, but not being fortified, it will be pulled up by its roots and destroyed."
41) Jesus said, "He who has in his hand, to him shall be given, and he who has not, the little he has shall be taken from his hand."
42) Jesus said, "Come into being as you pass away."
43) His disciples said to him, "Who are you, that you speak these things to us?" Jesus said to them, "From what I say to you, you do not know who I am. You have become like those Judeans, for they love the tree and hate its fruit, and love the fruit and hate the tree."
44) Jesus said, "Whoever maligns the father, it will be forgiven him, and whoever maligns the son it will be forgiven, but whoever maligns the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him either on earth or in heaven."
45) Jesus said, "Grapes are not harvested from thorns, nor are figs gathered from thistles, for they have no fruit. A good man brings forth good out of his treasure; an evil man brings some evil out of the wicked treasure which is in his mind, and he speaks some evil things. Because of the excess in the mind he brings out some evil things."
46) Jesus said, "Among those born of women, from Adam until John the Baptist, there is no one so superior to John the Baptist that his eyes should not be lowered before him. Yet I have said, whoever among you becomes as a child will know the Kingdom and will become greater than John."
47) Jesus said, "It is impossible for a man to mount two horses or to stretch two bows. And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters; otherwise he will honor the one and offend the other. No man drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine. And new wine is not put into old wineskins, lest they burst; nor is old wine put into new wineskins, lest it spoil. An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because there it would split."
48) Jesus said, "If two make peace with each other in this single house, they will say to the mountain, 'Be moved,' and it will move."
49) Jesus said, "Blessed are the solitary and elect, for you will find the Kingdom. For you are from it, and to it you will return."
50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'From where have you originated?', say to them, 'We have come from the light, where the light has originated through itself. It revealed itself in images.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your Father in you?', say to them, 'It is a movement and a rest.'"
51) His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?" He said to them, "What you look outward for has already come, but you do not know it."
52) His disciples said to him, "Twenty-four prophets spoke in Israel, and all of them spoke in you." He said to them, "You have dismissed the living one who is in your presence in order to speak of those who are dead."
53) His disciples said to him, "Is circumcision beneficial or not?" He said to them, "If it were beneficial, their father would beget them already circumcised from their mother. Rather, the true circumcision in spirit has every benefit."
54) Jesus said, "Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of heaven."
55) Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate his father and his mother cannot become a disciple to me. And whoever does not hate his brothers and sisters and take up his cross in my way will not be deserving to me."
|Copyright 1999 - 2004. All rights reserved. No portion of this page may be reproduced without the express written consent of TrueSight Church.|