|The Gospel According To Thomas
|18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be." Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will stand to his feet at the beginning; he will know the end and will not taste death."
19) Jesus said, "Blessed is he who came to be from the beginning, before he came to be. If you become disciples to me and hear my words, these stones will become servants to you. For there are five trees in Paradise which are unmoved in summer and in winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever knows them will not taste death."
20) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us what the Kingdom of heaven is like." He said to them, "It is like a mustard seed, the smallest of all seeds. But when it falls on tilled soil, it produces a great branch and becomes a shelter for birds of the sky."
21) Mary said to Jesus, "Whom are your disciples like?" He said, "They are like small children dwelling in a field which is not theirs. When the owners of the field come, they will say, 'Give our field back to us.' They strip naked in their presence to release their field and give it back to them. Therefore I say to you, if the owner of a house is aware that the thief is coming, he will stay awake and will not let him tunnel into his house of the Kingdom to carry away his goods. You, then, keep watch from the beginning of the world. Gird up your loins in great power lest the robbers find a road to you; because the help which you look outward for, they will find. Let there be among you a man of understanding. When the grain ripened, he came quickly with his sickle in his hand and reaped it. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."
22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the Kingdom." They said to him, "Shall we, then, be as children to enter the Kingdom?" Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner, and the above as the below, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male not be male and the female not be female; and when you make eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in the place of a hand, and a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in place of an image; then will you enter the Kingdom."
23) Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one out of a thousand, and two out of ten thousand, and they shall stand to their feet as a single one."
24) His disciples said to him, "Show us to the place which you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it." He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. Within a man of light there is light, and he becomes light to the whole world. If he does not become light, he is darkness."
25) Jesus said, "Love your brother as your soul, guard him as the pupil of your eye."
26) Jesus said, "You see the mote in your brother's eye, but you do not see the beam in your own eye. When you cast the beam out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to cast the mote out of your brother's eye."
27) Jesus said, "If you do not fast from the world, you will not find the Kingdom. If you do not keep the Sabbath as Sabbath, you will not see the Father."
28) Jesus said, "I took my stand in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in the flesh. I found all of them intoxicated; I found none among them thirsty. And my soul was pained for the sons of men, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see that empty they have come into the world, and empty they seek to go out of the world. But now they are drunk. When they have shaken off their wine, then they will repent."
29) Jesus said, "If the flesh comes into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit comes into being because of the body, it is a wondrous wonder. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great richness has been placed in this poverty."
30) Jesus said, "In the place which has three gods, they are gods. In the place which has two or one, I exist with him."
31) Jesus said, "No prophet is accepted in his own village; no physician heals those who know him."
32) Jesus said, "A city being built on a high mountain and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden."
33) Jesus said, "What you will hear in your ear and in the other ear, proclaim from your housetops. For no one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel, nor does he put it in a hidden place, but rather he sets it on a lampstand so that all who come in and go out may look upon his light."
34) Jesus said, "If a blind man leads a blind man, both of them will fall down into a pit."
35) Jesus said, "It is not possible for anyone to enter the house of the strong man and take it by force, unless he binds his hands; then he will move out of his house."
|Copyright 1999 - 2004. All rights reserved. No portion of this page may be reproduced without the express written consent of TrueSight Church.|