The Gospel According To Thomas
96) Jesus said, "The kingdom of the Father is like a certain woman who taken leaven, and has hidden it in dough, and has made large loaves of it. Whoever has ears, let him hear."
97) Jesus said, "The kingdom of the Father is like a certain woman who was carrying a jar full of meal. While she was walking on a distant road, the handle of the jar broke and the meal emptied out behind her on the road. She did not know it; she had noticed no accident. When she came into her house, she set the jar down and found it empty."
98) Jesus said, "The kingdom of the Father is like a certain man who wanted to kill a powerful man. He drew his sword In his own house and stuck it into the wall in order to know whether his hand would carry through. Then he slew the powerful man."
99) The disciples said to him, "Your brothers and your mother are standing outside." He said to them, "Those here who do the will of my Father are my brothers and my mother. It is they who will enter the kingdom of my Father."
100) They showed Jesus a gold coin and said to him, "Caesar's men demand taxes from us." He said to them, "Give the things of Caesar to Caesar, give the things of God to God, and give me what is mine."
101) Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate his father and his mother in my way will not be able to be a disciple to me. And whoever does not love his father and his mother in my way will not be able to be a disciple to me. For my mother has begotten me, but my true Mother gave me Life."
102) Jesus said, "Woe to the Pharisees, for they are like a dog sleeping in the manger of oxen, for neither does he eat nor does he let the oxen eat."
103) Jesus said, "Blessed is the man who knows in which part of the night the robbers will enter, so that he may rise, collect himself, and gird up his loins before they invade."
104) They said to Jesus, "Come, let us pray today and let us fast." Jesus said, "Which, then, is the sin that I have committed, or in what have I been defeated? But when the bridegroom comes out of the bridal chamber, then let them fast and pray."
105) Jesus said, "Whoever knows father and mother will be called the son of a harlot."
106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you shall become sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, be moved,' it shall be moved."
107) Jesus said, "The kingdom is like a shepherd who had a hundred sheep. One of them, the largest, went astray. He left the ninety-nine and looked for that one until he found it. After he had labored, he said to the sheep, 'I love you more than the ninety-nine.'"
108) Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become as I am. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will be revealed to him."
109) Jesus said, "The kingdom is like a man who had a treasure hidden in his field without knowing it. When he died, he left it to his son. The son did not know about the treasure. He inherited the field and sold it. And the one who bought it went plowing and found the treasure. He began to lend money to whomever he wished."
110) Jesus said, "Whoever has found the world and become rich, let him deny the world."
111) Jesus said, "The heavens and the earth will be unveiled in your presence. And one who lives from the Living One will see neither death nor fear." For Jesus says, "Whoever finds himself, of him the world is not worthy."
112) Jesus said, "Woe to the flesh which depends on the soul; woe to the soul which depends on the flesh."
113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" Jesus said, "It will not come by looking outward. It will not say 'Behold, this side' or 'Behold, that one.' Rather, the kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
114) Simon Peter said to them, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of the life." Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."
Copyright 1999 - 2004. All rights reserved. No portion of this page may be reproduced without the express written consent of TrueSight Church.