The Gospel According To Thomas
72) A man said to Him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's possessions with me." He said to him, "O man, who has made Me a divider?" He turned to His disciples and said to them, "I am not a divider, am I?"
73) Jesus said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few. Beseech the lord of the house therefore, to send laborers to the harvest."
74) He said, "Lord, there are many around the well, but there is no one drinking from the well."
75) Jesus said, "Many are standing at the door, but the solitary are the ones who will enter the bridal chamber."
76) Jesus said, "The Kingdom of the Father is like a merchant who had a consignment of merchandise and found a pearl. That merchant was wise. He sold the merchandise and bought the single pearl for himself. You too, seek the unfailing and enduring treasure where no moth comes near to devour and no worm destroys."
77) Jesus said, "I am the light which is above them all. I am the All, the All came forth from me, and the All reaches towards Me. Cleave a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."
78) Jesus said, "Why have you come out into the desert? To see a reed shaken by the wind? To see a man clothed in soft garments? Your kings and your great men are those who are clothed in soft garments, and they are unable to know the truth."
79) A woman from the crowd said to Him, "Blessed is the womb which bore You and the breasts which nourished You." He said to her, "Blessed are those who have heard the word of the Father and have kept it in truth. For there will be days when you will say, 'Blessed is the womb which has not conceived and the breasts which have not suckled.'"
80) Jesus said, "Whoever has known the world has found the body, and whoever has found the body, of him the world is not worthy."
81) Jesus said, "Let him who has become rich be king, and let him who has power renounce it."
82) Jesus said, "Whoever is near to Me is near to the fire, and whoever is far from Me is far from the Kingdom."
83) Jesus said, "The images are manifest to man, but the light in them is hidden in the image of the light of the Father. He will become manifest, but his image will be concealed by his light."
84) Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But when you see your images which came into being before you, and which neither die nor become manifest, how much will you bear!"
85) Jesus said, "Adam came into being from a great power and a great wealth, and yet he did not become worthy of you. For had he been worthy, he would not have tasted death."
86) Jesus said, "The foxes have their holes and the birds have their nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head and rest."
87) Jesus said, "Wretched is the body which depends upon a body, and wretched is the soul which is dependent on these two."
88) Jesus said, "The angels and the prophets will come to you and give you what is yours. And you too, give them those things which you hold, and say to yourselves, 'On which day will they come and receive what is theirs?'"
89) Jesus said, "Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Do you not realize that he who made the inside is also he who made the outside?"
90) Jesus said, "Come unto me, for My yoke is simple and My lordship is gentle, and you will find repose."
91) They said to Him, "Tell us who You are so that we may believe in You." He said to them, "You test the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not come to know the one who is before you. You do not know even to test this moment."
92) Jesus said, "Seek and you will find. Those things which you asked Me about in former times I did not tell you then. Now I desire to tell them, but you do not inquire after them."
93) Jesus said, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, lest they cast them on the dung-heap. Do not cast pearls to swine, lest they grind them to bits."
94) Jesus said, "Whoever seeks will find, and whoever knocks, it will be opened to him."
95) Jesus said, "If you have money, do not lend it at interest, but give it to one who cannot repay it."
Copyright 1999 - 2004. All rights reserved. No portion of this page may be reproduced without the express written consent of TrueSight Church.