The Gospel According To Thomas
56) Jesus said, "Whoever has known the world has found a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of him the world is not worthy."
57) Jesus said, "The kingdom of the Father is like a man who had good seed. His enemy came by night and sowed weeds among the good seed. The man did not allow the workers to pull up the weeds; he said to them, 'You might intend to pull up the weeds and pull up the wheat along with them.' For on the day of the harvest the weeds will be plainly visible, and they will be pulled up and burned."
58) Jesus said, "Blessed is the man who is troubled; he has found the Life."
59) Jesus said, "Take heed of the living one while you are alive, lest you die and seek to see him, and you cannot find power."
60) They saw a Samaritan taking a lamb to Judea. He said to his disciples, "That man is carrying the lamb." They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it." He said to them, "While it is alive, he will not eat it, but only when he has killed it and it has become a corpse." They said to him, "He cannot do otherwise." He said to them, "You too, seek a place for yourselves in repose, lest you become a corpse and be eaten."
61) Jesus said, "Two will rest on a bed: the one will die, and other will live." Salome said to him, "Who are you, man, that you, as though from the One, have come up on my bed and eaten from my table?" Jesus said to her, "I am he who is Undivided. To me was given of the things of my Father." Salome said, "I am your disciple." Jesus said to her, "Therefore I say, if one is undivided, he will be filled with light, but if he is divided, he will be filled with darkness."
62) Jesus said, "I tell my mysteries to those who are worthy of my mysteries. Let not your left know what your right is doing."
63) Jesus said, "There was a rich man who had much money. He said, 'I will use my money to sow and reap and plant, and fill my storehouse with produce, so that I shall lack nothing. This is what he thought in his heart, and that night he died. Whoever has ears, let him hear."
64) Jesus said, "A man had received guests. And when he had prepared the dinner, he sent his servant to invite the guests. The servant went to the first one and said to him, "My master invites you.' He said, 'I have claims against some merchants. They are coming to me this evening. I must go and give them my orders. I ask to be excused from the dinner.' The servant went to another and said, 'My master has invited you.' He said to him, 'I have just bought a house and am required for the day. I will have no time.' The servant went to another and said to him, 'My master invites you.' He said to him, 'My friend is to be married, and I am to prepare the banquet. I shall not be able to come. I ask to be excused from the dinner.' The servant went to another and said to him, 'My master invites you.' He said to him, 'I have just bought a farm, and I am on my way to collect the rent. I shall not be able to come. I ask to be excused.' The servant returned and said to his master, 'Those whom you invited to the dinner have asked to be excused.' The master said to his servant, 'Go outside to the streets and bring back those whom you happen to meet, so that they may dine.' Businessmen and merchants will not enter the places of My Father."
65) He said, "A good man owned a vineyard. He leased it to tenant farmers so that they would work it and he would receive its fruit. He sent his servant so that the tenants would give him the fruit of the vineyard. They seized his servant and beat him, all but killing him. The servant went back and told his master. The master said, 'Perhaps they did not recognize him.' He sent another servant; the tenants beat him as well. Then the owner sent his son and said, 'Perhaps they will show respect to my son.' Because the tenants knew that it was he who was the heir of the vineyard, they seized him and killed him. Whoever has ears, let him hear."
66) Jesus said, "Show me the stone which the builders have rejected. That one is the cornerstone."
67) Jesus said, "Whoever knows the All but fails to know himself lacks everything."
68) Jesus said, "Blessed are you when you are hated and persecuted. Wherever you have been persecuted there is no Place."
69) Jesus said, "Blessed are they who have been persecuted within themselves. It is they who have come to know the Father in truth. Blessed are the hungry, for they will fill their belly with what they desire."
70) Jesus said, "If you bring forth that within you, that which you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you will kill you."
71) Jesus said, "I shall destroy this house, and no one will be able to rebuild it."
Copyright 1999 - 2004. All rights reserved. No portion of this page may be reproduced without the express written consent of TrueSight Church.